Taste of Nicaragua Vacation
Colonial city & villages, Lake Nicaragua & active volcano
Book A Tour
4 days – 3 nights
For those visitors short on time, this is the perfect treat. Taste of Nicaragua takes you to the country’s most significant colonial cities, active volcanoes and to some of Lake Nicaragua’s most beautiful islands. The trip features a culture and history tour of the historic, colonial gem of Granada with visits to significant churches, museums and cultural/historical spots. It includes up close and personal visits to the smoking crater of the Masaya Volcano where you will witness the stirrings of the earth’s inner soul. We will also go to the country’s largest crater lake, the deep blue Laguna de Apoyo. Central America’s grandest body of fresh water, Lake Nicaragua, where you’ll have a private boat tour of the 354 island archipelago called Las Isletas and the highland villages known as Los Pueblos de la Meseta, charming colonial period towns built on top of ancient indigenous settlements and home to some of Nicaragua’s finest artisans. This is the perfect short course of culture, history and nature.
4 Day Nicaragua Vacation Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua – Granada
- Airport greeting by our driver and private transportation for transfer to selected hotel in Granada.
- Day 02: Granada – Las Isletas, Lake Nicaragua
- Breakfast at hotel and private culture and history tour of Granada. Guided visit in private motorboat to Las Isletas Archipelago in Lake Nicaragua. Lodging at selected hotel in Granada.
- Day 03: Granada – Los Pueblos – Masaya – Managua
- Breakfast at hotel. Private guided tour to the highland villages of Los Pueblos de la Meseta with stops in Diriomo at a native sweets maker, San Juan de Oriente at a pottery workshop and Catarina for a view to Laguna de Apoyo. Continue to the historic Masaya artisan’s market with crafts from all over rural Nicaragua and the Masaya Volcano National Park where we drive right to the summit of an active smoking crater to look inside. Continue to Managua for lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 04: Managua
- Private airport transfer for flight out.
Classic Tour Includes
- All transfers in private car/bus with A/C
- All driver expenses
- 2 nights lodging at selected hotel in Granada
- 1 night lodging at selected hotel in Managua
- All breakfasts
- All entrance fees to museums and parks
- 17% hotel taxes
- Private boat tour of Las Isletas in Lake Nicaragua
- Cultural tours of Granada, Masaya Market and Los Pueblos de la Meseta
- Volcanic tours of Volcán Masaya National Park and Apoyo Lake
- Full time assistance of an English speaking guide on Days 2-3
- All guide expenses
Selected Hotels Guide
- Base hotels for this tour are Hotel Patio del Malinche or Colonial in Granada and Hotel Holiday Express or Los Robles in Managua.
- Upgrade hotels for this tour are Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada and Hotel Hyatt Place or Elements in Managua.
Rates & Booking Details
- All tours are private and can begin any day of the year.
- Tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify number when requesting a quote.
- Custom Nicaragua vacation itineraries are available upon request.
This Nicaragua Vacation does not Include
- Drinks, lunch or dinner.
- International flights or airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.