In the shadow of the forest covered Mombacho Volcano, is Granada, one of Latin America’s most beautiful cities. This ancient town on the shores of mighty Lake Nicaragua is full of history and Spanish colonial charm and is one of the oldest European settlements in the western hemisphere. This private tour to Nicaragua via Costa Rica gives the visitor an in-depth look at the beauty and history of Granada with the aid of an expert English speaking guide. A quiet tour of the city’s precious architecture and history is featured, as is lodging in a beautifully restored colonial home. South of Granada, near the Costa Rican province of Guanacaste is San Juan del Sur, a laidback fishing village and half-moon bay with great seafood and lots of water sports.
Granada and San Juan del Sur – Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica – Granada, Nicaragua
- Border greeting in Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica and assistance with immigration and customs in Nicaragua. Transfer along the western shores of Central America’s largest lake, Lake Nicaragua, north. The route passes the massive dual volcano island of Ometepe via the isthmus of Rivas the historic land bridge that connected the two great continents north and south. Arrival to Central America’s oldest European settlement, early 16th century Granada. Granada is quickly becoming a must visit for travelers to Central America for its unique beauty, relaxed atmosphere and great dining possibilities. Private tour of lake front Granada’s colonial beauty, history and art. Lodging in on historic Central Park at the Hotel Plaza Colón.
- Days 02-03: Granada – San Juan Del Sur
- Breakfast at Hotel and private transfer to San Juan del Sur for lodging at Hotel Alcazar, across from the beach and close to all of the towns great beach side restaurants.
- Day 04: San Juan Del Sur – Peñas Blancas
- Breakfast and morning to enjoy the beach and private transfer to border, end of services.
Nicaragua Extension Tour to Costa Rica visits Includes
- All transfers in private vehicle with a/c and professional driver
- All driver expenses
- Day 1 assistance of an English speaking guide
- All guide expenses
- 1 night lodging at the Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada
- 2 nights lodging at the Hotel Alcazar in San Juan del Sur
- Private tour of Granada
- All museum and park admissions
- 17% taxes for all hotel nights
Rates & Booking Details
- Nicaragua Tours are private and can start and finish any day of the year.
- Nicaragua tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify when requesting a quote.
- Custom Nicaragua tour itineraries are available upon request.
Costa Rica Extension tour to Nicaragua does not Include
- Drinks, lunch or dinner.
- Border taxes.
- International flights or taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.