Ometepe Island & Morgan’s Rock
Volcano, Tropical Forest and Beach Adventure
Book A Tour
7 days – 6 nights
Who said the beach had to be boring? Or that dense tropical forest and towering volcanoes can’t include a daily dose of sand and warm water? Ometepe Island is Nicaragua’s fresh-water Tahiti, made up of two volcanoes rising up out of a warm tropical lake teaming with exotic fish. Both of the island’s tropical forest-wrapped volcanoes are great for hiking and nature watching, while Ometepe best beach, Santo Domingo is ideal for horseback riding or just chilling. Morgan’s Rock is a private nature reserve on the Pacific Coast, a pristine beach backed by more than 3,000 acres of tropical forest reserve. The warm Pacific Ocean will call most to the sand daily, but tropical forest hiking is also on tap. This Nicaragua beach adventure is the best way to stay waterfront – without getting water-logged.
Beach Adventure Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua – Granada
- Airport greeting and private transportation and transfer to the lake front colonial city of Granada for lodging at Hotel Los Patios.
- Day 02: Granada – Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Pick-up by guide and transportation and transfer to San Jorge for public ferry to the world’s largest volcanic lake island, Ometepe. 4×4 transfer to Hotel San Juan del la Isla on Santo Domingo Beach. Relax on the beach or go for a horseback ride.
- Day 03: Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Breakfast and lodging at San Juan del la Isla. 4×4 transfer to the trail head on Maderas Volcano for a guided hike in the cloud forest, for those looking for a challenge the hike can finish at the summit, overlooking a misty crater lake, or it can just be a hike in the howler monkey filled forest for the spectacular views of the island and lake.
- Day 04: Ometepe Island – Morgan’s Rock
- Breakfast at San Juan del la Isla. Morning swim and late morning transfer to the dock for the ferry to the mainland. Dock greeting and private transfer to Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge on the Nicaraguan Pacific. Dinner and lodging at Morgan’s.
- Day 05: Morgan’s Rock
- All meals and lodging in private bungalow at Morgan’s. Relax on the beach and/or nature hike in the private reserve.
- Day 06: Morgan’s Rock – Masaya – Managua
- Breakfast and lunch at Morgan’s. Morning to enjoy the beach. Afternoon transfer to Managua for lodging at the Hotel Intercontinental. Stop in route to visit the Masaya Market and/or Masaya Volcano National Park.
- Day 07: Managua
- Transfer to airport for flight home.
Adventure Beach Trip Includes
- All ground transfers in private, air-conditioned transport with professional driver
- All driver expenses
- 1 night lodging at Hotel Los Patios in Granada
- 2 nights lodging at Hotel San Juan del la Isla, Santo Domingo Beach, Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua
- 2 nights lodging at Morgan’s Rock, Ocotal Beach, Pacific Ocean
- 1 night lodging at Hotel Intercontinental in Managua
- Ferry boat transfer: San Jorge – Ometepe – San Jorge
- All breakfasts outside of Morgan’s
- All meals at Morgan’s Rock
- Assistance of English speaking guide on transfer days and on Ometepe Island
- All guide expenses
- Guided hike of Maderas Volcano with pack lunch
- Horseback riding on Ometepe Island
- Nature hikes at Morgan’s Rock
- Entrance fees
- Tours of Masaya Market and Masaya Volcano National Park
- 17% taxes for all hotel nights
Rates & Booking Details
- All beach adventure tours are private and can begin any day of the year.
- Beach adventure tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify when requesting a quote.
- Custom beach adventure trip itineraries are available upon request.
Adventure Beach Trip does not Include
- Lunch or dinner outside of Morgan’s Rock.
- International flights or airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.