Nicaragua Multi-Sport Adventure
Kayaking, Canopy Tour, Mountain Biking, Volcano Hiking, Ocean Sailing
Book A Tour
8 days – 7 nights
For the active traveler, this experience is can be summed up with one word: FUN.
Nicaragua Adventure takes advantage of Nicaragua’s spectacular geography and un-crowded nature to hike volcanoes, mountain bike through ancient Indian petroglyphs, soar through cloud forest canopy, kayak a tropical island archipelago and sail in private yacht the warm deep blue waters of Nicaragua’s virgin Pacific Coast. Lodging is in the classic colonial city, lake front Granada; a sandy fresh water beach on a dual volcano island in the world’s second largest tropical lake and the sleepy Pacific Coast beach town with great seafood San Juan del Sur. Nicaragua Adventure is a week of lake, forest, volcano and ocean that brings out the joy in travel.
Adventure and Sports Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua – Granada
- Airport greeting and transfer to historic colonial city of Granada. Lodging in historic center at selected hotel.
- Day 02: Lake Nicaragua – Mombacho Volcano
- Breakfast at hotel and transfer to Lake Nicaragua and the archipelago of Las Isletas for guiding kayaking in this warm water paradise. Transfer to the slopes of the dormant Mombacho Volcano for a canopy tour (zip-lining tour) high up in the cloud forest. Lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 03: Granada – Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Breakfast at hotel and transfer to San Jorge for the ferry to the dual-volcano island of Ometepe. Dock greeting and transfer around the active cone of Concepción in route to Santo Domingo Beach. Afternoon mountain bike or horseback riding. Lodging at San Juan del la Isla.
- Day 04: Ometepe Island – Maderas Volcano
- Morning transfer to the base of the extinct, cloud forest wrapped Maderas Volcano for a guided 3-8 hour hike depending on elevation reached and pace. Pack lunch included. For those that reach the summit – hike down into the crater to taste the magical waters of its misty crater lake. Return to Santo Domingo. Lodging at San Juan del la Isla.
- Day 05: Ometepe Island – San Juan Del Sur
- Breakfast and transfer to Moyogalpa for the ferry to the mainland. Dock greeting in San Jorge and transfer to the lovely half-moon bay on the Nicaragua Pacific, San Juan del Sur. Lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 06: San Juan Del Sur, Pacific Ocean
- Breakfast at hotel and private half-day yachting trip on the Pacific with good chance to see sea turtles and dolphins includes yacht crew and visit to deserted beach. Lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 07: Masaya Market And Volcano – Managua
- Breakfast at hotel and transfer north to the restored 19th century Indian Market at Masaya. Visit to the Masaya Volcano National Park to hike around the smoking active cone of Santiago. Transfer to Managua for lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 08: Managua
- Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to airport for flight home.
Nicaragua Multi-Sport Adventure Includes
- Assistance of local specialized sports guides
- Private air-conditioned transport with professional driver for transfers
- 2 nights lodging at selected Hotel in Granada
- 2 nights lodging at Hotel San Juan del la Isla in Ometepe
- 2 nights lodging at selected Hotel in San Juan del Sur
- 1 night lodging at selected Hotel in Managua
- All Breakfasts
- Nicaragua Zip Line tour of Mombacho Volcano
- Kayaking in Lake Nicaragua
- Guided climb of Maderas Volcano
- Mountain Biking on Ometepe
- Sailing tour of Pacific Coast on a private Yacht
- Shopping at Masaya Market
- Hiking at Volcán Masaya National Park
- All admissions to nature parks
- 17% taxes for all hotels nights
Selected Hotels Guide
- Base hotels for this tour are Hotel Patio del Malinche or Colonial in Granada, San Juan de la Isla in Ometepe in ranch room, Hotel Holiday Express or Los Robles in Managua and Posada Azul in San Juan del Sur.
- Upgrade hotels for this tour are Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada, San Juan de la Isla in Ometepe in lake front cabin, Hotel Hyatt Place or Elements in Managua and Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa in San Juan del Sur.
- Adventure tours in Nicaragua are private and can begin any day of the year.
Rates & Booking Details
- Multi-sport tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and target visit dates; please specify number when requesting a quote.
- Custom adventure tour itineraries are available upon request.
Adventure Tour Costs do not Include
- Drinks, lunches and dinners.
- International flights or airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas or medical treatment.