This special trip designed for travelers who visit via Costa Rica includes colonial Granada and spectacular Ometepe Island. Granada is one of Latin America’s most beautiful colonial cities. This ancient town on the shores of mighty Lake Nicaragua is full of history and Spanish colonial charm and is one of the oldest European settlements in the western hemisphere. A tour of the city’s precious architecture and history is featured, as is lodging in a beautifully restored colonial home. This trip also features the great Lake Nicaragua and the unique dual-volcano island of Ometepe, an international biosphere reserve and home to great nature, hiking, mountain biking and archaeology.
Granada and Ometepe Island Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica – Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Greeting by English speaking guide in Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica and private transfers north to the fresh water port of San Jorge for public ferry the world’s largest volcanic lake island, Isla de Ometepe. Dock greeting on the island and transfer to the private lake front fruit hacienda San Juan de la Isla for lodging in beach front cabin.
- Day 02: Ometepe Island – Culture Tour Or Volcano Climb
- Breakfast at hotel and private culture and archaeology tour of the island or guided climb of one of the island’s two volcanoes, Volcán Maderas or Volcán Concepción with lunch in route or on the mountain. Lodging at San Juan de la Isla.
- Day 03: Ometepe Island – Granada
- Breakfast at Hotel and transfer to dock for ferry to San Jorge. Dock greeting on the mainland and private transfer to Granada for culture tour of this ancient Spanish colonial lake front town. Lodging at Plaza Colón.
- Day 04: Granada – Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica
- Breakfast at Hotel and transfer south to the border Costa Rica at Peñas Blancas, end of services.
Ometepe & Granada – Costa Rica Extension Tour Includes
- All transfers in private vehicle with a/c and professional driver
- All driver expenses
- Assistance of an English speaking guide Days 1,2,3
- All guide expenses
- 2 nights lodging at the Hotel San Juan de la Isla on Ometepe Island
- 1 night lodging at the Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada
- Lunch on Day 2 on Ometepe
- Tour of Granada
- Culture and archaeology tour of Ometepe or volcano climb
- All museum and park admissions
- 17% taxes for all hotel nights
Rates & Booking Details
- Ometepe and Granada Tours are private and can start and finish any day of the year.
- Nicaragua Tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify when requesting a quote. Custom Nicaragua tour itineraries are available upon request.
Costa Rica Extension tour to Nicaragua does not Include
- Drinks, lunch or dinner.
- Guide on final transfer out day.
- International flights or taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.