Nicaragua Multi-Sport Tour
Volcano hiking, biking & boarding, kayaking, zip-line & paddleboard
Book A Tour
8 days – 7 nights
Escape the mundane and experience Nicaragua’s world class nature from the fast lane of fun. Whether sledding down the sandy face of an active volcano or paddling a hidden cove on the Pacific or hiking in virgin cloud forest full of exotic wildlife, Nicaragua Multi-sport Tour features the best locales and sports this unique country has to offer. Zip-lining up in a forest canopy or mountain biking on a volcanic island or paddle-boarding off a private beach. Nicaragua Multi-sport Tour Adventure is a week of pure joy, never boring and forever memorable.
Nicaragua Multi-sport Adventure Tour Itinerary
- Day 1: Managua – Leon
- Airport greeting and private transfer to León for lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 2: Leon – Cerro Negro Volcano – Lake Nicaragua
- Volcano Sledding
Breakfast and private transfer to the active Cerro Negro Volcano for a hike to the summit and then, wearing protective clothing, sledding down its west face on custom-built sand boards. Private transfer south to the Lake Nicaragua port of San Jorge for ferry to the world’s largest volcanic lake island, Ometepe, A UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, with lunch in route. Dock greeting and transfer to Santo Domingo Beach for lodging at San Juan de la Isla.
- Day 3: Ometepe Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Volcano Climbing
Breakfast and option to climb one of Ometepe’s two volcanoes, the cloud-forest-wrapped Maderas or the active Concepción. Both options include 4×4 transfers and expert mountain guide. Lodging at San Juan de la Isla.
- Day 4: Ometepe Island – Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge, Pacific Ocean
- Mountain Biking
Breakfast and mountain biking on Ometepe Island before transfer to dock for ferry to the mainland. Dock greeting in San Jorge and private transfer to the private beach and nature reserve of Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge on Playa Ocotal. The precious wood bungalows at Morgan’s are built right into the forest, offering up-close-and-personal with howler monkeys, parrots amongst other tropical wildlife while enjoying an ocean view and the sound of crashing waves. Kayaking and paddle boarding included.
- Days 5-6: Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge, Pacific Coast
- Paddle Boarding & Kayaking
Breakfast and lodging in ocean view bungalow at Morgan’s Rock. Kayaking and paddle boarding included.
- Day 7: Mombacho Volcano – Granada
- Breakfast and private transfer to Mombacho Volcano Natural Reserve where you will fly through the trees of a coffee plantation on a zip-line tour. Transfer to nearby Granada, one of Latin America’s most beautiful Spanish colonial cities, both authentic and international with a broad range of restaurants.
- Day 8: Granada – Managua
- Private transfer to airport for flight home.
Nicaragua Multi-Sport Tour Includes
- All transfers in private vehicle with a/c and driver
- All driver expenses
- Assistance of English Speaking guides on tour days
- All guide expenses
- 1 night Lodging at Selected hotel in Leon
- 2 nights lodging at San Juan de la Isla in Ometepe Island
- 3 nights lodging at Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge on Pacific Coast
- 1 night lodging at selected hotel in Granada
- All breakfasts
- Tour of Cerro Negro Volcano
- Lake Ferry round trip: San Jorge – Isla de Ometepe – San Jorge
- Guided Climbing of Maderas Volcano or Concepcion Volcano
- 3 hours of mountain biking in Santo Domingo Beach in Ometepe Island
- Paddle boarding and kayaking at Morgan’s Rock
- Zip – Line tour on Mombacho Volcano
- All admissions to Nature Reserves
- 17% hotel taxes
Selected Hotels Guide
- Base hotels for this tour are Hotel La Recolección or Cacique Adiact in León; Hotel Patio del Malinche or Colonial in Granada, San Juan de la Isla in Ometepe in ranch room and Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge near San Juan del Sur.
- Upgrade hotels for this tour are Hotel El Convento in León, Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada, San Juan de la Isla in Ometepe in lake front cabin and Morgan’s Rock Ecolodge near San Juan del Sur.
- All adventure Sports tours are private.
- Nicaragua tours can begin any day of the year providing hotel space is available.
Rates & Booking Details
- Nicaragua tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party.
- Please specify number of people in your Nicaragua party when requesting a price quote.
- Custom Nicaragua water sports tour itineraries are available upon request.
Tour does not Include
- International flights, airport taxes, tips, lunches, drinks and dinners.