Pacific Adventure Sports
Volcano sports, coastal kayaking, zip-line and surfing or sailing
Book A Tour
7 days – 6 nights
Playground is open. An active volcano, coastal mangrove forest and the warm Pacific Ocean are the setting for adventure sports that keep your vacation in the smiles. Volcano boarding? Yes, with custom sleds built for the black sand and light gravel slopes of the active Cerro Negro Volcano. After a climb to the summit and a peak on the inside, the downhill speeds are often above 40 km per hour, if you can stay off the brakes. Cooling down after a volcano hike is easy in the crater lake of El Tigre. Isla Juan Venado Wildlife Refuge is a coastal barrier island that is a nesting site for sea turtles on its windward side and the home of crocodiles and green iguanas on its wayward side, which is perfect for kayaking around the mangrove forest full of unique wildlife. On Nicaragua’s Costa Azul (south Pacific coast) there are many empty beaches and consistent waves. The perfect place to surf or learn to surf, or do some sailing with the turtles and dolphins. To finish it off a bit of flying through the canopy of a volcanic cloud forest at Mombacho. This is a solid week of fun in the sun in always warm Nicaragua.
Pacific Multi-Sports Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua – Leon
- Airport greeting by our English speaking guide and private transportation for transfer to selected Hotel in historic León.
- Day 02: Leon – Cerro Negro Volcano – El Tigre Crater Lake
- Breakfast and 4×4 transfer to the active Cerro Negro Volcano for guided hike to the summit with custom boards and sledding gear for sliding down the west face. Continue to the remote crater lake of El Tigre for swimming. Return to León for lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 03: Leon – Juan Venado Wildlife Refuge
- Breakfast and transfer to the Pacific Coast of León for guided kayaking in the coastal estuary of Juan Venado. Lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 04: Leon – San Juan Del Sur, Pacific Coast
- Breakfast at hotel and private transfer to San Juan del Sur for lodging at selected hotel. Afternoon surfing with guide at break reached by boat for those that choose surf option. Beach time free for sailing option.
- Day 05: San Juan Del Sur – Surfing Or Sailing
- Breakfast and surfing with guide at nearby break reached by boat for the surf option. For those that choose the sailing option. Half day of private sailing along Nicaragua’s Costa Azul on private yacht with crew and visit to secluded white sand beach. Lodging at selected hotel.
- Day 06: San Juan Del Sur – Mombacho Volcano – Granada
- Breakfast and transfer to the dormant Mombacho Volcano for a zip-line tour. Continue to Granada for lodging at selected Hotel.
- Day 07: Granada – Managua
- Private transfer to airport for flight home.
Pacific Adventure Tour Includes
- All private transfers with a/c and professional driver
- All driver expenses
- 3 nights lodging at selected Hotel in León
- 2 nights lodging at selected Hotel in San Juan del Sur
- 1 night lodging at selected Hotel in Granada
- All breakfasts
- Guided Hiking and boarding on Cerro Negro Volcano
- Swimming in El Tigre Crater Lake
- Zip-line on Mombacho Volcano
- Guided Kayaking in Juan Venado Wildlife Refuge
- 2 days of guided Pacific surfing or 1 private half-day sailing trip
- Assistance of local English speaking adventure guides
- All adventure guides expenses
- 17% hotel taxes
Selected Hotels Guide
- Base hotels for this tour are Hotel La Recolección or Cacique Adiact in León; Hotel Patio del Malinche or Colonial in Granada and Posada Azul in San Juan del Sur.
- Upgrade hotels for this tour are Hotel El Convento in León, Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada and Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa in San Juan del Sur.
- All Pacific Adventure Sports tours are private.
- Nicaragua Adventure tours can begin any day of the year providing hotel space is available.
Rates & Booking Details
- Nicaragua Multi-sport tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party.
- Please specify number of people in your party when requesting a price quote.
- Custom Nicaragua multi-sport tours tour itineraries are available upon request.
Pacific Adventure Sports in Nicaragua does not Include
- Drinks, lunches and dinners.
- International flights or taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.