Relax, sit back and enjoy the experience. We’ll show you the country’s two most beautiful red-roofed, Spanish colonial cities: León and Granada. You’ll witness the earth’s inner passions at two smoking and bubbling, active volcanoes: Telica and Masaya. Well take you shopping to Nicaragua’s folkloric center of Masaya, where the only thing more beautiful than the native-crafts are their price. A private boat will be waiting for you to cruise out on to smooth Lake Nicaragua to the tropical, 354-island paradise of Las Isletas. You’ll finish your stay at beautiful San Juan del Sur enjoying a warm ocean beach and countless dining options on the sand. A relaxing way to enjoy the natural, historical and cultural beauty of Nicaragua.
Classic Nicaragua Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua
- Airport greeting by our private transport for transfer to selected Hotel in the heart of Managua’s restaurant district.
- Day 02: Managua – Leon Viejo – San Jacinto – Leon
- Breakfast and full day tour of León’s colonial history and culture with visits to the fumaroles of Telica Volcano in the village of San Jacinto, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of León Viejo and the wave swept Pacific coast at Las Peñitas. Lodging at selected Hotel in León
- Day 03: Leon – Masaya Volcano + Market – Apoyo – Lake Nicaragua- Granada
- Breakfast and full day tour of the Masaya Volcano National Park, the famous outdoor artisan’s market in Masaya city with a lunch break at the lookout restaurant over the crater lake of Apoyo. Visit in private boat to the island archipelago of Las Isletas in Lake Nicaragua. Tour of colonial Granada’s principle points of interest and beauty. Lodging in historic center of Granada at selected Hotel.
- Day 04: Granada – San Juan Del Sur
- Breakfast and morning at leisure, noon transfer south along the western shores of Lake Nicaragua to the peaceful half-moon bay of San Juan del Sur for lodging at selected beach hotel.
- Days 5-6: San Juan Del Sur
- Breakfast and lodging at selected Hotel. Numerous optional activities possible here such as deep sea fishing, surfing or sailing.
- Day 07: San Juan Del Sur – Managua
- Breakfast and private transfer to airport for flight home (If you are leaving on an early morning flight we recommend overnight in Managua on Day 6 or one extra night to itinerary).
Classic Tour Includes
- All ground transfers in private air-conditioned transport
- All driver expenses
- 1 night lodging at the selected Hotel in Managua
- 1 night lodging at selected Hotel in León
- 1 night lodging at selected Hotel in Granada
- 3 nights lodging at selected Hotel in San Juan del Sur
- All breakfasts
- Cultural & Historical tours:
- León (1609)
- Granada (1524)
- Shopping tour of Masaya’s artisans market
- Private boat tour of Las Isletas Archipelago
- Volcanic tours of San Jacinto, Telica and Masaya Volcano
- All museum and park entrance fees
- 17% hotel taxes
- Assistance of an English speaking guide during tour days
- All guide expenses
Selected Hotels Guide
- Base hotels for this tour are Hotel La Recolección or Cacique Adiact in León; Hotel Patio del Malinche or Colonial in Granada, Hotel Holiday Express or Los Robles in Managua and Posada Azul in San Juan del Sur.
- Upgrade hotels for this tour are Hotel El Convento in León, Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada, Hotel Hyatt Place or Elements in Managua and Pelican Eyes Resort and Spa in San Juan del Sur.
Rates & Booking Details
- All tours are private and can begin any day of the year.
- Tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify number when requesting a quote.
- Custom tour itineraries are available upon request.
Tour does not Include
- Drinks, lunch or dinner.
- International flights or airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.