Founded in 1996 and located in Managua, the nation’s capital, Tours Nicaragua is Nicaragua’s original private tour outfitter owned and operated by native English speakers. We take pride in being the industry leader for high quality, personalized programs that offer fully private services, tailored to the interests and desires of our clientele. Each and every one of our staff shares a deep love for Nicaragua, its nature and people. Tours Nicaragua exists to share the beauty of Nicaragua and to make your visit to Nicaragua hassle free, interesting, safe and rewarding.
TOURS NICARAGUA – QUICK FACTS
- Named “Nicaragua’s Best Tour Operator” by Latin Trade Magazine
- Featured in National Geographic’s new book Four Seasons of Travel
- Selected as one of the “50 Tours of a Lifetime” by National Geographic Traveler
- Featured by The New York Times, BBC Holiday, The USA Today, Washington Post, The Boston Globe, San Francisco Chronicle, Miami Herald, Outside Magazine, Seattle Times, London Times, Baltimore Examiner, CNN Magazine, World Adventure Magazine, Explore Magazine, Saint Luis Post-Dispatch, The Observer in London, Vokrug Sveta Magazine, Travel Weekly, International Travel News, Time Out Magazine, Channel 4 London, ESPN Outdoors, BBC Radio, The Discovery Channel.
- Nicaraguan Institute of Tourism License #060505-0V-1216J (Since 1996)
- Member ANTUR – Nicaraguan Association of Incoming Tour Operators
- Member CANTUR – Nicaraguan National Camera of Tourism
Our Company Name: Over recent years new and existing Nicaraguan tour companies have begun to incorporate “Tours Nicaragua” into their company name. We take this as a sincere form of flattery, but hope it does not lead to confusion. In reality there is only one Tours Nicaragua: The original.
Photograph Credits and Acknowledgements: Living here in Nicaragua, one often gets accustomed to the visual richness’s that is Nicaragua. Often times, it’s only through other people’s photos that we get reminded how truly unique Nicaragua is. Tours Nicaragua would like to thank Karen Ash & Gram Letley, David and Shirley Parish, and Laura Cornish, clients of the company who graciously allowed us to use their beautiful images on our site. Our General Manager Richard Leonardi is responsible for many of the unique images as well.
Photography Copyrights: Reproduction of any of the photographs on this site is strictly prohibited without the expressed written permission of the owner.