Although perhaps better known for its spectacular geography, rich biodiversity and tumultuous political history, Nicaragua is also one of the most important influences for Spanish language poetry in the world. Poetry may be its defining art form, but what about painting, sculpture and photography? The visual arts in Nicaragua blossomed in the 1980’s, but most of its great artists and art works remain in relative obscurity and go entirely unnoticed by travelers on visit to Nicaragua. Thankfully cultured travelers have a unique option with Tours Nicaragua. With the aid of Nicaraguan art enthusiasts we visit galleries and studios in León, Granada and Managua, to get a feel for Nicaragua’s art and the people that produce it. Join us for this unique opportunity to understand a country from its poetry of visual expression.
Nicaragua Art Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua – Leon
- Airport greeting by our private transportation for transfer to the Hotel El Convento in historic León.
- Day 02: Leon
- Breakfast and morning visit with local guide to an artist’s home. Visit to the comprehensive Ortiz-Gurdian Art Gallery. Visit to the Cathedral of León to see colonial period art, as well as visits to some of León’s revolutionary murals. Transfer to Granada for art and culture tour of this beautiful colonial city. Lodging at Hotel Plaza Colón.
- Day 03: Granada – Managua
- Breakfast and private transfer to Managua for visits to many of the excellent art galleries in Managua, the national museum and meeting with one of Nicaragua’s most accomplished artists. Lodging at Hotel Elements.
- Day 04: Managua
- Private transfer to airport for flight home.
- All private air-conditioned transfers with professional driver
- All driver expenses
- 1 night lodging at Hotel El Convento in León
- 1 night lodging at Hotel Elements in Managua
- 1 night lodging at Plaza Colón in Granada
- Art tours of León, Granada and Managua
- Meetings with accomplished Nicaraguan artists
- All breakfasts
- Assistance of English speaking art guides
- All guide expenses
- All entrance fees to art galleries, museums and historic sites
- 17% tax on hotel nights
Rates & Booking Details
- All Nicaragua art tours are private.
- Art tours in Nicaragua can begin any day of the year providing hotel space is available.
- Nicaragua Art tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates.
- Please specify number of people and target visit dates when requesting a quote.
- Custom art and culture tour itineraries are available upon request.
Nicaragua Art Tour does not Include
- Drinks, lunches and dinners.
- International flights or taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas, or medical treatment.