Nicaragua Sea Turtles & Marine Biology
Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea
Book A Tour
7 days – 6 nights (September, October & November)
For those who love ocean nature and warm seas. A unique salt water tour experience for travelers that enjoy the sea and its unique life forms including – the natural miracle of sea turtles nesting, one that is also great for students of marine biology. Our English speaking marine biologist Jaime Salazar leads this trip that includes turquoise water coral reef snorkeling, a south Pacific motorboat trip and a coastal wildlife refuge of world importance. Get up close and personal with nesting sea turtles at one of only four critical Olive Ridley Sea Turtle nesting sites (for the entire Pacific Coast of the hemisphere) at La Flor Wildlife Refuge. Nicaragua’s south Pacific of Nicaragua also affords possible views of whales and dolphins at sea and we tour in motorboat the coast looking for large mammals and other sea life. Nicaragua’s Caribbean Sea Little Corn Island has world class coral reefs that are home to a rainbow of sea life that can be examined easily with the use of snorkeling gear. Come to Nicaragua to enjoy two warm seas and the precious life that they support with the guidance of our marine biologist.
Nicaragua Marine Biology and Sea Turtles Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua
- Airport greeting and transfer to Hotel Las Mercedes in Managua for lodging.
- Day 02: Managua – Great Corn Island – Little Corn Island
- Early transfer to airport for morning flight to Great Corn Island with our marine biologist guide. Taxi on great corn to the interisland dock. Open air boat transfer to Little Corn Island for check-in at Beach Bungalow. Afternoon snorkeling coral reefs with our marine biologist in the crystal clear turquoise waters of Little Corn. Lodging at Beach Bungalow on Little Corn.
- Day 03: Little Corn Island, Caribbean Sea
- Breakfast and lodging at Beach Bungalow. Full day to snorkel and experience the rich marine life of Nicaragua’s underdeveloped Caribbean platform with the explanation and guidance of our marine biologist.
- Day 04: Corn Islands, Caribbean Sea – Playa Yankee, Pacific Coast
- Early morning boat transfer to Great Corn for flight to the mainland with our guide. Airport greeting and private transfer to the south Pacific Coast beach Playa Yankee for check-in to Hotel Orquidea del Sur. Afternoon at leisure on the Pacific Beach.
- Day 05: La Flor Wildlife Refuge, Pacific Coast
- Breakfast and transfer to La Flor Wildlife Refuge. Full day experience with this nesting site of world importance for the Olive Ridley Sea Turtle. We use nearby Orquidea del Sur hotel as based for visits in both the daytime and nighttime to La Flor.
- Day 06: Orquidea Del Sur – San Juan Del Sur – Granada
- Breakfast and morning private boat excursion along the south Pacific Coast of Nicaragua finishing in San Juan del Sur where our luggage and land transport is waiting for transfer to Granada. Lodging in Granada at Hotel Plaza Colón.
- Day 07: Granada – Managua
- Breakfast at hotel and private transfer to airport for flight home.
- Assistance of an English speaking Marine Biologist guide
- All biologist guide expenses
- 1 night lodging at Hotel Las Mercedes in Managua
- 2 nights lodging at the Hotel Beach Bungalow in Little Corn Island
- 2 nights lodging at the Hotel Orquidea del Sur in Playa Yankee
- 1 night lodging at the Plaza Colón in Granada
- All breakfasts
- All mainland land transportation in private vehicle with a/c and driver
- All driver expenses
- Admissions to nature parks
- Private motorboat tour of the south Pacific Coast
- RT domestic flight Managua-Great Corn Island-Managua
- Domestic flight taxes
- Airport-dock-airport island land transfers on Great Corn
- Great Corn-Little Corn-Great Corn public boat transfers between islands
- 2 days of snorkeling with gear at Little Corn reefs
- 17% hotel taxes
Rates & Booking Details
- All tours are private.
- All Marine Biology Tours can begin any day of the year providing hotel space is available.
- Nicaragua Turtle Tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates.
- Please specify number of people and target dates when requesting a quote.
- Custom turtle and marine biology tour itineraries are available upon request.
Marine Biology Tour does not Include
- Lunch or dinners.
- Guide on final transfer day.
- International flights or international airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips or medical treatment.