Only Nicaragua can offer so much fun bathed in warm fresh water and tropical lake breezes. For the active traveler who wants to also enjoy the rustic ambiance, with exclusivity and comfort, and lake breezes, this is the ideal multi-sport trip. Nicaragua Island Sports Adventure takes advantage of the peaceful lake island archipelago of Las Isletas in the shadow of the Mombacho Volcano and the spectacular dual-volcano Island of Ometepe. Aside from relaxing lake front and swim in Lake Nicaragua’s super clean and warm waters this trip includes lake kayaking, lake-front mountain biking and volcano hiking in tropical forests overlooking great lake views. We feature the best two island hotels in Nicaragua, both exclusive and full of unique character. Nicaragua Island Sports is a week of lake, forest, volcano and beach that is unique to Nicaragua.
Island Multi-Sports Tour Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua
- Airport greeting by private transportation and transfer to Hyatt Place or Elements for lodging.
- Day 02: Managua – Ometepe Island
- Breakfast and transfer in private vehicle for journey south to the fresh water port of San Jorge. Public ferry with our bilingual guide to the largest volcanic lake island in the world, Isla de Ometepe. Dock greeting on the island and 4×4 transfer to the sandy lake beach of Santo Domingo for lodging at San Juan de la Isla, an exclusive 153 acre lake front hacienda with private streams, fruit orchids, monkeys, tropical birds and great views of both island volcanoes.
- Day 03: Ometepe Island
- Lake kayaking, mountain biking and swimming from the privileged position of a private hacienda on the island’s finest beach. Breakfast and lodging at San Juan de la Isla.
- Day 04: Ometepe Island – Concepcion Or Maderas Volcano
- Private 4×4 transfer to the trail head at the base of the active Concepción Volcano or extinct Maderas Volcano, guided climb of the volcano with English speaking guide, local mountain expert and pack lunch. Our guide will help you choose which is the best climb for you. Return in afternoon to Santo Domingo Beach. Breakfast and lodging at San Juan de la Isla.
- Day 05: Ometepe Island – Jicaro Island
- Breakfast and morning 4×4 transfer to island dock for ferry to the mainland. Port greeting in San Jorge and private transfer to the dock at Assese in the Las Isletas Archipelago for private motorboat transfer to Jicaro Island Ecolodge for lunch, dinner and lodging.
- Day 06: Jicaro Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Kayaking and swimming in warm Lake Nicaragua. All this around the paradisiacal islands of the Las Isletas Archipelago. Lunch, dinner and lodging at the exclusive and unique Jicaro Island Ecolodge.
- Day 07: Jicaro Island – Managua
- Breakfast at hotel and motorboat transfer to Puerto Assese for private transfer to airport for flight home. Those leaving on early flights will need to spend an extra night in Managua, please advise and we will quote that option.
Island Multi-sport Adventure Tour Includes
- Assistance of an English speaking guide on days 2-5
- Assistance of select local nature and mountain guides
- All guide expenses during the tour
- Private air-conditioned transport with professional driver for all land transfers
- All driver expenses
- 2 nights lodging at Jicaro Island Ecolodge in Las Isletas Archipelago
- 3 nights lodging at San Juan de la Isla on Ometepe Island
- 1 night lodging at Hyatt Place or Elements in Managua
- All meals at Jicaro Island Ecolodge
- Breakfasts in Managua and Ometepe Island
- Kayaking around Las Isletas and Ometepe Island
- Guided climb of active Concepción Volcano with pack lunch
- Mountain biking on Ometepe Island
- All admissions to nature parks
- 17% Hotel taxes
Rates & Booking Details
- Island sport tours are private and can begin any day of the year.
- Island tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify number and dates when requesting a quote. Custom sport tour itineraries are available upon request.
Island Multi-Sports Tour does not Include
- International flights or airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas or medical treatment.