One of the world’s most exotic and un-explored great lakes, Lake Nicaragua baths more than 450 volcanic islands that are home to stunning tropical wildlife, rain forest, volcanoes and the remains of ancient civilizations. For those who want to be waterfront, but also escape the common conception of ocean beach honeymoons, this is a perfect match. Only Nicaragua can offer so much fun bathed in warm fresh water and tropical lake breezes. Lake Nicaragua Island Honeymoon takes you to the sleepy lake island archipelago of Las Isletas in the shadow of the Mombacho Volcano and the massive dual volcano Island of Ometepe. Aside from relaxing lake front and swimming in Lake Nicaragua’s super clean and warm waters this trip includes lake kayaking, lake-front mountain biking and volcano hiking in tropical forests. This honeymoon features the best two island hotels in Nicaragua, both highly exclusive, with unique character and very personal service. Lake Nicaragua Island Honeymoon is a week of lake, forest, volcano and beach that is unique to Nicaragua.
Lake Nicaragua Island Honeymoon Itinerary
- Day 01: Managua – Granada
- Airport greeting by private transportation and transfer to the Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada for lodging.
- Day 02: Managua – Ometepe Island
- Breakfast and transfer in private vehicle for journey south to the fresh water port of San Jorge. Public ferry with our bilingual guide to the largest volcanic lake island in the world, Isla de Ometepe. Dock greeting on the island and 4×4 transfer to the sandy lake beach of Santo Domingo for lodging at San Juan de la Isla, an exclusive 153 acre hacienda with private streams, fruit orchids, monkeys, tropical birds and great views of both island volcanoes.
- Day 03: Ometepe Island
- Lake kayaking, mountain biking and swimming from the privileged position of a private hacienda on the island’s finest beach. Breakfast and lodging at San Juan de la Isla.
- Day 04: Ometepe Island – Jicaro Island
- Breakfast and morning 4×4 transfer to island dock for ferry to the mainland. Port greeting in San Jorge and private transfer to the dock at Assese in the Las Isletas Archipelago for private motorboat transfer to Jicaro Island Ecolodge for lunch, dinner and lodging.
- Day 05: Jicaro Island, Lake Nicaragua
- Kayaking and swimming in warm Lake Nicaragua. All this around the paradisiacal islands of the Las Isletas Archipelago. Lunch, dinner and lodging at the exclusive and unique Jicaro Island Ecolodge.
- Day 06: Jicaro Island – Mombacho Volcano
- Breakfast at hotel and transfer in private motorboat to the forested eastern slopes of the dormant Mombacho Volcano. Hiking in a private cacoa and banana hacienda that has private thermal springs, primary forest, great bird life and sweeping views of the Mombacho nature reserve and Lake Nicaragua and Las Isletas Archipelago. Return to Jicaro Island for a gourmet dinner lake front and lodging in an unique split-level private bungalow.
- Day 07: Jicaro Island – Managua
- Breakfast at hotel and motorboat transfer to Puerto Assese for private transfer to airport for flight home. Those leaving on early flights will need to spend an extra night in Managua, please advise and we will quote that option.
- Assistance of an English speaking guide
- All guide expenses
- Assistance of select local nature and mountain guides
- Private air-conditioned transport with professional driver for land transfers
- All driver expenses
- 3 nights lodging at Jicaro Island Ecolodge in Las Isletas Archipelago
- 2 nights lodging at San Juan de la Isla on Ometepe Island
- 1 night lodging at Hotel Plaza Colón in Granada
- Private motorboat transfers: Puerto Assese-Jicaro island-Puerto Assese
- Public Ferry: San Jorge-Ometepe-San Jorge
- All meals at Jicaro Island Ecolodge
- Breakfasts in Granada and on Ometepe island
- Kayaking around Las Isletas and Ometepe Island
- Guided hiking on the dormant Mombacho Volcano
- Mountain biking on Ometepe Island
- All admissions to nature parks
- 17% Hotel taxes
Rates & Booking Details
- All honeymoon tours are private and can begin any day of the year.
- Honeymoon Tour costs depend on the number of travelers in your party and visit dates; please specify number and dates when requesting a quote. Custom honeymoon tour itineraries are available upon request.
Lake island honeymoon Tour does not Include
- International flights or airport taxes.
- Travel insurance, tips, visas or medical treatment.