Leave your guidebooks at the hotel today, and take a ride into the heartland of Nicaragua with Painted Pony Horse Tours.
We will ride through the part of Granada, past the famous cemeteries, on our way to the unspoiled Nicaraguan countryside. Passing through some of the small hamlets, and along the way, you will be greeted by the children’s squeals of delight and a welcoming “adios” from the local people the area.
From there we ride through the beautiful countryside and along the rim of an extinct volcano where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Laguna de Apoyo, one of the true gems of this country. Our morning tours are approximately three hours in length. Our evening tour is just over an hour.
Horseback Riding Tour Guidelines:
- Reservations are suggested
- Riders must have closed toe shoes
- Riders must be 18 and sign a waiver
- Younger Riders may be accepted when accompanied by a parent and by signing waiver
- Morning tour leaves at 8:00 am from the farm – 6 minutes from the Granada Central park
- Afternoon tour leaves at 3:00 pm from the farm – 6 minutes from the Granada Central park
- Maximum rider weight is 210 pounds
- We take a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 riders. Smaller groups ensure a more intimate riding experience
- Do bring a camera or video camera
- We do not provide helmets and you are required to complete a waiver prior to riding
- See Map for location to Painted Pony Farm
Please specify number of people in your Nicaragua party when requesting a price quote.